Google Calendar has recently added a new feature that allows you to charge for appointments. This is a great way to generate revenue for your business or organization.
What do you need to complete your paid appointment schedule?
- Google Workspace: You will need a Google Workspace account that is eligible for paid appointment bookings. The eligible editions are:
- Workspace Individual
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Fundamentals
- Education Standard
- Education Plus
- Workspace for Nonprofits
- A Stripe account: You will need a Stripe account to process payments for your appointments. You can create a Stripe account for free at https://stripe.com/.
- Your company’s legal details and bank account: You will need to provide Stripe with your company’s legal details and bank account information in order to process payments.
- Google Workspace Admin permissions: If you are using a Google Workspace account with multiple users, you will need to have Admin permissions in order to turn On paid appointment bookings.
Here are the steps to set up paid appointment bookings in Google Calendar:
- Create a Stripe account. Go to https://stripe.com/ and click on the Sign up button.
- Provide your company’s legal details and bank account information. Follow the instructions on the Stripe website to provide your company’s legal details and bank account information.
- Connect your Stripe account to Google Calendar. Go to Google Calendar Settings > General > Appointment schedules in Google Calendar. Click on the Connect to Stripe button and follow the instructions.
3. Create an appointment schedule. Go to Appointments > Create schedule in Google Calendar. Enter the name of your schedule, the start and end times, and the days and times that you are available.
4. Set a price for your appointments. Go to the Settings page for your appointment schedule and click on the Price tab. Enter the price for your appointments and the currency that you want to use.
Once you have completed these steps, your customers will be able to book appointments with you and pay for them through Stripe.
- You can use the Description field in your appointment schedule to provide more information about your services.
- You can use the Cancellation policy field to specify how much notice your customers need to give you if they need to cancel an appointment.
- You can use the Payment settings field to specify how you want to receive payments from your customers.
- To delete an appointment before it’s booked (when you are not available), open your calendar and delete it by right clicking on it.
- [Edited] Choose from five to fourteen minute appointment slots that are customizable. When first launched, the minimum duration was fifteen minutes.
I hope this tutorial helps you to set up paid appointment bookings in Google Calendar.
Check my tutorial how to Embed a Professional Booking Page
Edit dated 31th January 2024: Improving the Google Calendar appointment scheduling experience with new features: add up to 20 co-hosts, Create appointment schedules on secondary calendars, delegate access, check calendars for availability.