You can embed a professional booking page with your personal email being a Google Workspace Individual subscriber. [Edit] Google rolled out appointment scheduling to anyone with a personal Google account to create one booking page.
Why embed a professional booking page with Google Workspace Individual?
Professionals such as architects, physicians, consultants are often reluctant going through the technicalities about setting their own domain. By using Google Workspace Individual one can operate with their personal email and be flexible and efficient about:
- full control over their schedule 24/7 DIY
- focus on their professional to-do list
- additional costs while following up with privacy and security regulations since it is secured by default
- benefit from making themselves available via online appointments to everyone with an email
- avoid conflicts with other events on their calendar as far as the booking page automatically checks for conflicting events
- stay organized via appointment schedule’s email notifications
If you are like me and prefer to do the online tasks by yourself in the most effective way, embedding a booking page is what you would wish to do. And you can edit your appointment page any time 24/7! Therefore it’s the most comfortable solution for a dynamic schedule I know.
How to embed a Professional Booking page on your Website?
- Customize the fields in your Appointment Schedule. Click on an empty window in your Google Calendar and choose Appointment Schedule. Fill in the fields:
- limit how people who book early or last-minute can book an appointment with you
- limit the max number of appointments per day
- customize the window for appointments
- automatically add custom buffer time in between appointments
- collect extra information from people who book appointments through the appointment booking form
2. Open the Appointment Schedule to choose sharing a link, create a button for your services or embed a page (your entire eschedule)
3. Copy the embed code and paste it on your site.
On your computer, open Google Calendar.
On your Calendar grid, click the appointment schedule.
To share the link, next to “Open booking page,” click Share Share.
Under “Website embed,” select an option:
To create a button for all services on your calendar, click All appointment schedules.
To create a button for a specific service on your calendar, click A single booking page.
To open the “Inline booking page” option, click Expand Down arrow.
Optional: You can edit the width and height of your booking page.
To embed the booking page directly onto your website, click Copy code.
Paste the code into your website’s HTML.
Availability across Calendars
To avoid conflicts you can select which calendars should be reviewed, including your primary calendar and any calendars that you own, manage, or are subscribed to. Your primary calendar can’t be deselected for availability checks.
To choose your secondary calendars on a computer edit an existing appointment schedule by seecting “More Calendars” from the drop down arrow next to “Calendars checked for availability”.
Note: avalability across calendars is an update by Google, dated 24th January 2023.
Edit dated 31th January 2024: Improving the Google Calendar appointment scheduling experience with new features: add up to 20 co-hosts, Create appointment schedules on secondary calendars, delegate access, check calendars for availability.