Takeout Google is trending. It is the link that is going to be used by million Google clients whose content shall be otherwise deleted on the 2nd of April 2019. Google announced the scheduled date for shutting down of Google Plus on their blog.
Takeout Content Repurpose
Essentially the files users takeaway are their own valuable content. Starting from what we have, first question I ask myself is
Why did I create this content?Personal Professional Presence online is my mission
The content archive of files is the basis of multiple new approaches a content creator can benefit from. The question “Why” is going to guide users to “Where” and “How” to repurpose their content.
I started this site “business beginnings” to explore and document personal professional presence online based on my own use case. My passion for open communication and connectivity online has been and remains unchanged.
Setting up new online standards in each industry has just started. Many professionals shall be looking into best content strategy for their online projects. Aspects to consider are beyond technicalities around mobile applications, promoted SEO formula in marketing articles and data protection regulations. Values specific to each occupation are yet to be reflected in each professional's online activity.
For the content I created to expand the conversation on the topics of my interest, I shall increase the content on my site. To users that have been creating content to expand meaningful conversations in topics of their interests I suggest the following:
- Import the publications to WordPress or Blogger. Did you not have any own space? Consider staring now.
- Become a G Suite user. Google cloud technology is the ultimate advanced opportunity for productivity, collaboration, start ups plus you shall empower your domain.
Takeout useful links:
- Google Plus Shutting Down 2nd April for consumers basic instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Blogger changes
- YouTube changes
- Download your data, explanations
- How do you want your data delivered
- Delete Google+ profile
- Tutorial by Google Platinum product Expert Peggy K
Communities are where the conversations start around shared topics of interests.
Taking out Communities is essentially moving conversations.Remain connected on social media channels.
Owning and moderating a public Community and being The Authority for the topic of discussion are different things. One cannot possess the attention of Community members without a clear Community Management policy, therefore what is the public Community about and how is the public Community useful to members should be the criteria whether or not to export Communities, where to locate them and how to ensure their future engagement. For business oriented goals add predicting intent to Community Management.
The connectivity online is expanding across social media channels and its role for different opinions and feedback is crucially increasing. Ultimately the balance of open communication is core to freedom of speech and The Internet values for an open and accessible internet for everyone. “The Internet is Broken and we need to fix it”, the final words pronounced at the opening of “The State of The Net” Conference on the 29th of January indicate how difficult the balance is for The Internet Governance.
Useful resources for exporting Communities and all Google Plus data. Among third party solutions “Google Plus Exporter” by Friends + Me has gained the most positive feedback from users at present.
- Download data and details about Communities
- Third Party tool “Google Plus Exporter”
- Exporting tool using Firebase Hosting
- Exporting with Cloud by LifeCloud
Starting early March 2019, you will also be able to download additional details from public communities, including author, body, and photos for every community post
Google Brand Accounts
For the recent seven years brands have included publishing on Google+Brand Pages as part of their content strategy. The functionalities of those pages have been implemented in Google My Business and remain a major factor in Google ranking for the brand. Google Plus Pages will be deleted. The associated brand accounts will continue to exist.
Brand Accounts can continue to using them with other Google products such as YouTube channels, Google Drive, Google Photos etc.
Takeout Repurpose Google Photos
Same as YouTube, Google Photos is a powerful Google product to include in Brand’s reputation and Quality Content Creation. Consolidating images by implementing the best from Google Photos functionality is another task from repurposing takeout files.
Photos and videos uploaded from Google Plus may remain available in Google Photos in these situations when they are:
- Photos and videos uploaded to Google Plus before Google Photos launched in 2015.
- Photos and videos backed up at any time using older versions of Google Plus mobile apps (from 2015 or earlier)
- Photos and videos that were associated with Google Plus Events
Takeout GSuite Potential
From security to productivity and collaboration and innovation Google has concentrated power in G Suite solutions for enterprises, teams and organisations. Year 2018 includes Google Plus core product as part of G Suite success.
Flexibility to collaborate by using G Suite opportunities has a lot to explore starting from changes with the shutting down of consumer Google Plus.
Public community, outside your domain
If at least one owner is a G Suite user, the community will not be deleted
There is more information to think over in relation to new Gsuite opportunities. The fact that G Suite users content is remaining is one side of the equation and a good choice for users to preserve their content without taking it out. In comparison to having consumer users content deleted, it seems a good choice to do. At the same time, the future functionalities of public Communities outside one’s domain are changed and they:
- remain limited to G Suite users only
- are not visible in search
- are ask-to-join communities
- no more public Communities outside domains shall be created
Currently, if you download data for communities outside your domain, this data will only have links to community posts. Starting early March 2019, additional data will be available for download, including author, body, and photos for every community post in a public communityPotential new project
More takeout Google dates to add to to-do-list:
- Update Google+Android App before 7th March. A new version of the Google+ Android app will be released on February 22, 2019. Old versions of the app will no longer be supported.
- Google+ Vanity URLs Google+ vanity URL names will no longer be supported and will be deleted. Any links that use Google+ vanity URLs, including Album Archive, will no longer work. However, G Suite users can still use their Google+ profile’s original URL.
- Organizations using G Suite for Education will have the same access as other G Suite customers
- If you participate in Google+ communities, please note that some Google+ communities may be impacted as part of the shutdown.