Some evidence just need experience , like when we see points of interest on Google maps, we learn how the same approach may apply to adding Google maps and Google My Business for our purposes too. No doublt we learn by example, observing the organisation of the bees ( see featured image)!
Our experience to get fast information teaches us about the dynamics of the world today, when a number of turbulent changes happen not even daily, but every hour. The most precious asset becomes our time and in this aspect digital devices are driving us fast to the information we need.
Being part of GoLocalOnline team, I have chosen to evidence examples of implementing Google Maps from the non profit organisations, namely churches, by adding the churches in my neighborhood to Google Maps.
Here is my Custom map
The church Authorities have received the map and it will potentially become part of the official page of the Institution. These churches and a number more in reconstruction are 130 years old. Following to the initiative of Father Serafim Yanev, The Orthodox Mitropolia and with the help of EU funding, the buildings have been completely renovated and now young people and tourists start visiting the places.What did I learn from putting Old Churches on Google maps:
- When you operate on mobile, you get fast approval and mail by the team of Google maps;
- You can upload useful information, like a contact phone, when is the church open, photos from inside and outside, add board messages from the Church’s authorities;
- Visitors add the link of the address on their GPS system and easily find the road;
- You can leave a review like for any other place on Google maps;
- Potentially people can join in a Community through their Google plus personal profiles and make the process of organizing events and responsibilities a fast and easy;
- Disables and ill people can potentially communicate on Google hangouts with the priest and the Church community. On his first hangout The Pope speaks about building bridges through digital communication.
- Depending upon the policy of the institution the Google plus page may turn into the digital communication tool for the Church and their public.
Google ecosystem gives equal tools to individuals,businesses and institutions. In this aspect when experts are willing to demonstrate the implementation of digital technology, and precisely Google tools, they may approach non-government organisations and implement good practice for our neighboorhood.
See pictures from Kremikovski Monastery from their Google plus page, and reviews since three years ago.
Credit for the featured image to Kremikovski Monastery
To learn more on #GoLocalOnline, follow my work in progress Collection
Read about the work in progress of Debi Davis on the same project Go Local Online
Thank you to Tim Sweeny for bringing Points of Interest to my attention.
Nina Trankova says
Thank you Sheila. I’m privileged to learn a lot from your expertise and your strong personality.
Nina Trankova says
I highly value your comment Sanjiv. On to the wider bridged communities!