Users on the Google Plus platform are discoverers and innovators moving further beyond Google Plus shutting down to Google Search Excellence. I’m making this statement because of my personal experience from beginner on Google Plus in 2011, speaker at SEO Conference in 2015 and participant in two global Google Experts Conferences in 2017 and in 2018. My growth online is evidencing how personal professional presence has shifted dramatically towards excelling digital skills. Leadership in setting up new industry niche standards on the Internet is trending.
In 2019 when The World Wide Web is celebrating its 30th Anniversary and besides The Internet Society is drafting the Action 2020 Plan together with the Global Community, the collaborative Internet nature is in demand for improved communication code in the industry niches.
Taking out our data has a positive learning. By its nature the process of taking out data is reflecting the privacy and security regulations and inter-operative, data lifecycle that is the top priority for the e-economy now. Stepping down on this transformed mindset is already beyond Google Plus therefore that gives you the perspective of how to proceed with your own data further on. Google Plus users are in fact the pioneers in the inter-operative experience.
Google Plus team have kept their commitment. The recent takeout improvement allows users to download Community posts, including:
- Cover Image of The Community
- vCard format for Applicants, Banned users, Invitees, members, Moderators, Owners
- Posts of Owners, Moderators, and Members ( for public Communities)
- Photos from posts
- Comments on private Community posts
Own hosted sites come as a first option to repurpose the content taken out from Google Plus. For many Google Plus has been a mini-blogging platform therefore they are immediately uploading their publications to their own sites such as Blogger and WordPress by using free Google Plus Exported from Friends me. I have uploaded three of my Collections ( 6BG). The process is easy even if one doesn’t read HTML files. It took me about 5 min. One should go back to the basic guidelines for our sites currently:
- Site speed. Nicky Krastev have speeded up my site down to 2,1 sec on a 4 G connection. The mobile-first world is demanding, don’t miss the site speed!
- Search Console, Google Analytics Intelligence, Google Optimize
- Google Quality Rank
Another resource to use when downloading your Google Plus data is Google Drive. Most importantly you are not reading code but the Html files are opened in your Chrome browser, in Google Docs ready to edit. The photos are included in case the user has their setting “on” to allow downloading. For photos where users have disabled downloading, the takeout includes links that shall be deleted on the 2nd of April together with Google Plus shutting down. Users are in control of their own choices of downloading settings.
I’m recommending Drive Enterprise
5 Content Creation Choices
I have selected a formula оf five hints in support of transitioning to relevant combinations of content creation strategies. The combination includes Google apps that are including equal segments on the to-do lists.
- Google My Business. Operate with the Google My Business app and complete the menu on weekly bases. Besides, a content strategy program and publishing Calendar should be elaborated with your digital strategy consultant. As soon as you get comfortable with navigating the app in synchronicity with the publishing schedule, look into the opportunities of the Google My Business API and ask your consultant more questions how to leverage your performance. Example post relevant even to voice search.
- Google Photos. Create and expand with shared public Albums. Albums are the best facilitating tool for team collaboration during events. As a result, you even get the chance to print a photo book that Google Assistant is magically compiling in a suitable format for your advertising and presentations. Example public Google Photos Album presenting featured content.
- Google Drive. Edit and publish your content in new format such as PDF and e-books.
- Google Maps. For your travel Collections create Google Maps Public Lists. How to do tutorial about it.
- YouTube Playlists. The video content lives on YouTube where The Creators Community can support the growth of your channel. My video survey playlist example.
Google Search isn’t limited to just Google’s tools and products. As part of “On e Board” project I have hosted and moderated a panel discussion dedicated to repurposing of the quality content of a featured Google Plus Collections . Along the years Google plus team and Creators on the platform have compiled Best Practices that ultimately set up users guide book in matching their unique conversational model.
Paolo Amoroso has taken the leadership into giving new life to his Android Space Apps Collection. He is self publishing an e-book with Leanpub publishing platform. Because of his in depth expertise both as a scientist and Google Platinum Product Expert, his book has been immediately featured. Watch the replay (21:59) to takeout valuable advice on how to repurpose your content. Update Leanpub Discontinued The Conference Purchase Program
Printed Books and Cards
Creators and writers are co-writing online and converting wide variety of social feeds into books. Here is an example editing by Dark Aelf Publishing by Peter Quinton, whose commitment is to publish 10 new public works in 2019.
Convert the Collection to print. It does not take many posts to create a themed book of 50-100 pages. Alternatively, the posts can be converted into card form. These can be stored or mass produced for sale, Peter Quinton
Advanced Creative Writing
From acknowledged editions by writers such as David Amerland and Teodora Petkova with big influence in semantics and web writing, who have made digital communication an integral part of their creative writing to educational tutorials, mentorship programs on newly created social sites, there are no limits in the enriched presence of Google Plus Creators and Experts across Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and Pinterest. The digitized self-expression is in its beginners stage where start-ups and entrepreneurs shall have the say on sharing the future of our better internet.
It’s our journey from digital adolescence to a more mature, responsible and inclusive future.
The web is for everyone and collectively we hold the power to change it. It won’t be easy. But if we dream a little and work a lot, we can get the web we want. Sir Tim Berners-Lee “The Contract for The Web”
My mission about personal professional presence online shall keep me available for On e Board, a public discussion Google Group and Community.
Bookmark Innovation Business Trend Events Access is “On” for G Suite users.