We are happy to relate to a specific content through an even more focused way, here on Google plus through Google plus Collections. Starting from today, you can move your favourite content in a Collection. People that follow you, will automatically follow your Collection too.
Why is it a great new feature:
- you can send a very strong message on a specific topic by bringing together the most valuable content to your Collection, thus spreading your influence on this area too;
- you can reach and connect to new people and brands, based on your specific interest;
- you can follow the Collection you are interested in and you can ignore other content you are not interested in;
- the perspective to create Collections will eventually bring to in depth research and contribution, i.e. more quality content;
- you can collect content in a different language and share it to the related audience, without mixing too much the languages on your profile.
- promote best services of your business in brilliant collection;
- move all events and share a bright presentation of all your events;
Examples are practically endless. The activities on Google plus have enormous potential for connections, ideas, projects and visibility on search to reach new audience for your products and services. Collections is a diamond path towards this potential.
- add a text message or a tag to your cover photo for direct targeting of your audience;
- include link to your Collection in the “About” section of your Google plus profile;
- share your Collection and describe in detail what is it about.
- the size of the cover photo is recomended to be 1920 x 1080
- follow instructions on the Help center
- join the official Google plus Collections Community
Here is the Featured Collections page for more ideas. Remember Collections bring clarity to digital entify and think about long term impact of this characteristic feature. And finally Tips how to create a collection that can be featured.