The synergy of most professionals on Google plus opens opportunities to start projects, business and education with like-minded people around the globe. It is a Google Synergy Plus effect. Human connections in the digital environment transform the collaboration of the team into brilliant results and extraordinary efficiency.
Surpassing my expectations, Google tools make the experience and the result 100% real, much more collaborative and effective. My feeling is that I have known these people all my life. I’m completely confident in the process, team work and result.
Thank you, Debi Davis and all involved in #EagleCo project, for being part of my learning and practicing process. Our collaboration could be the basis of a study for the university students, Faculty Logistics, about the multiple effect of time management of processes and tools.
My talent to synergize and empower
I was born in Sofia, the two-million capital of Bulgaria. On the day of my birth my father said: ”I want her to be a Diplomat” I must have understood his message, because at the age of 5, I spoke two language with ease to anyone I met and I remember singing at every opportunity. Everybody in the village of my grandparents, where I spent my vacations, knew my story. I was proud that as a real traveller I would walk on my own for 15 min to the bus stop, then ride on the bus for 45 min, to get to the junior language school. For a six-year-old girl that was a real journey into the unknown.
To cut the long story short, I’ve always been involved in teams and large groups in school, gym, university and work, in international environment. I’m aware now that due to this experience, I have developed the skill to feel and find the synergy among people and enhance it. So my presence on Google plus is beneficial in this aspect.
Having applied to join the EagleCo team, I had the privilege of becoming its member in the middle of December 2014. The EagleCo project aimed to put on the map the businesses from a small town near Vail, US. It uses Google tools to benefit businesses during The Big Event – the 2015 Alpine World Ski Championship in Vail. The team consists of professionals in diverse areas, mainly business consultants in digital environment from America, Breat Britain, Australia, Canada, Malaysia, Mexico and Bulgaria, who enriched their knowledge of Google plus on Level 3 of Plus Your Business Academy and this was the jump start of the project.
My contribution consists of 15 posts, i.e. every 4th day. While researching what would be of greatest importance to the project , I followed these guidelines:
Human involvement of all parties
- messages, addressing the spirit of the athletes,
- videos and texts about the athletes, especially US legends and stars, that could catalyse activity on the Google plus page of the project;
- personal stories of the athletes to get them acquainted with their followers and people who are engaged on G+ page, raising the level of responsibility and motivation of the team and myself;
Personal experience and authenticity
- my personal story with text and pictures to raise the awareness of the audience of the particular event A Piece of Glory toTake Away
- bringing additional sources, which are not found on the major site, and other leading media (video about landing at EagleCo airport, researched by Cherie, online live broadcast of the races);
- staying authentic, talking about my passion for skiing;
Google plus skills
- regular posting to gain traction on the Google plus page, hashtags included;
- sharing news on my personal profile and re-sharing EagleCo posts on my flow;
- following the leads from PYB Academy about plus one, comment and share to build engagement;
- monitoring the metrics on Google plus page;
- working in collaboration on Google Drive documents;
- participating actively in private community interactions, team meetings and H.O.A. events;
- staying connected through and bringing in related context from other social media (Facebook, Twitter);
Keeping the focus requires experience
- supporting the focus message of the project about the opportunity for local businesses to use the digital approach and boost income during big events; I have gained experience from my involvement in an investment development in Bansko, which is an all-season vacation resort with an increasing number of FIS World Cup events held there.
- maintaining the focus occurred naturally due to my personal experience in both business and digital world; practice, meetings, responsibilities, reports, proficiency in any of the Google products such as Google AdWords, Google Analytics, administration skills on platforms and forums, communication skills, collaboration in teams, co-operation in large groups of people.
Team collaboration as highest testimonial of synergy
Google plus is often referenced as The Open Digital University and the organic team collaboration results in a magic and multiple-layer outcome. This is true connectivity-in-action where the team can operate in a highly organised and focused manner. The core values of this highest level of connectivity-in-action are:
- Trust. Each team member contributes to the best of his skills. The team has provided clear evidence of expertise proved by words and action and this fosters engagement and relationships in a magnificent way, escaping the traps of inevitable contradictions in daily life. Trusting other team members’ expertise, I focus on my best personal contribution. This way all members join in competition to achieve the best results.
- Engagement. Posting the content from our personal Google plus pages and attending related H.O.A. engages our audience into testifying that we are indeed the authority we claim to be.
- Visibility. The team acts in an organized manner, participating in H.O.A. and postings both from personal Google plus profiles and Google plus project pages according to the schedule and focus make the content go viral. During only a single PYB Show there were on average 120 people from different countries attending the live event, no less than 35 commentators and over 120 comments, which triggered off quite a serious discussion, involving diverse innovative suggestions.
- Transparency. Being connected in an organic way, none of the team is expressing other than their personal attitude. It is a big advantage to the project and content, as the flow of information is diverse and not manipulated.
Results Evidencing Google Synergy Plus
Ideally, EagleCo project could bring a significant interest into local businesses and comply to the goals set. For the purpose of the research and taking into consideration all tested tools and strategies we can assume these results:
- Building relationships and telling stories about the process of the digital experience “on the map” makes you feel connected to the whole world and it is a very real experience. You exchange perspectives which often catalyses processes that add value to your business raising it to a higher standard.
- A direct benefit for businesses is the increase of clients from the new digital channels;
- Better position in personalized search results from evolving connections with targeted audiences through digital devices; posts appear on the first page of a personalized search;
- Online campaign on the Google plus brand page, delivering Discount Digital Vouchers with fixed hours and places of the promotion to desktop and mobile visitors from across the World. This could be organized like an online contest in a variety of ways. The Voucher represents a Virtual Google Plus Talisman of the project in the form of a Featured Drawing, easily recognizable to all visitors and businesses. Ideally, the drawing would be of The Champion from the Valley. When people explore the hashtag #Vail2015 #EagleCo , they would come to the Google plus brand page of the town, see the image of the Virtual Talisman with listed promotions in the pinned post and either download it or just follow and show it at the place of the event. This organization requires the preliminary commercial consent of local businesses, which they could reach while attending the Google plus Community meetings prior to the event.
- An Online campaign with Spheres, driving visitors to big local events of the EagleCo town, such as concerts, award ceremonies, etc. Part of the income might be used for any cause/ community structure, etc. For example, to ensure free lift access to ski schools for one year.
- Giving local talents and businesses international audience at live events on Google ( Hangout “Virtual Talisman”) . As these videos stay on You Tube, potentially any local proposition might reach an investor or a partner.
Actually, in the neighbouring small town of Avon most of the connectivity- in- action really happened and digital channels proved successful.
Multiply connectivity, conceptual project
EagleCo project is a perfect prototype Google plus project that can relate to every community of businesses accompanying large scale events. As all tools are 24/7 available and free on Google platform, the consultants could be contacted at any time, the strategy can be implemented to other similar communities worldwide.
- Google plus team and Googleplus consultants;
- H.O.A. on You Tube;
- Local government and Chamber of Commerce;
- Non-formal leaders;
- Businesses should undertake initiative to launch Google plus projects;
If you are interested to explore and learn more about Digital Media Marketing, you can read the Post Event Analyses .
Considering my personal experience with real life Local Community Projects, which take years to accomplish, involve a series of national and international administrative institutions, and cost millions, the Google plus project digital involvement has the real potential for brilliant results and incomparably higher efficiency.
The Team consists of:
The outcome of this project is a case study, which will be published in April 2015, that summarizes our experience in this endeavor. You can learn more about the EagleCo project by visiting the EagleCO Vail 2015 page.